CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 23, 2007

Insensitive Civilians

On Friday, several co-workers and I were walking back to our work area from the cafeteria. We were discussing cancer. New guy in our office mentioned that one of his former co-workers died from breast cancer. So the mouth in my department (I'll just call her Bea for short) piped up that her husband had a co-worker who died from pancreatic cancer. The way Bea was carrying on you would have to agree that these deaths were oh so horrible. I thought I might add my 2 cents.

BW: "I won't even tell you what 3 of my husband's co-workers died from."

Bea: (Dismissively) "Yeah, but that was in the line of duty."

So I guess those 3 deaths don't count and I really had nothing to add to the conversation. Heaven forbid there was a work accident and 3 of her husband's co-workers died on the job.

Glad she cleared that up for me.

Arrrggggggg!