CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Conquering the Pilates Mat

Woohoo! I did it! I made it through my first intermediate Pilates mat class.

Six months ago, about the time JD was getting ready to get on a plane for Iraq, I decided to start doing Pilates. I'd been wanting to take up Pilates for several years and I had ran out of excuses. The Pilates stars had aligned and I started taking beginning mat classes one day a week, then two days. I added in a beginning reformer (that's the silly looking sliding thing with handles) class. In December I began thinking that I should try an intermediate mat class. For a variety of reasons (holidays, illnesses) I never got around to it . . . until today.

And I survived. Let's see if I can move tomorrow . . .