CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Rose by Any Other Name . . .

When I started this blog, I wanted to use something other than DH to refer to my dear husband. I toyed around with calling my husband "Big" after the SATC character. Then I thought better of that idea (I mean really, Big wasn't exactly the best boyfriend). "JD" could refer to a number of things, which is a nice feature. After a couple of days I figured out what it really stood for. The conversation went something like this:

BW: Hey, wanna know what JD stands for?

JD: Jack Daniels? Juris Doctorate?

BW: John, dear. "John" is Big's real name and we only learn that after it is all done and he commits to Carrie.

JD: Ah. Well as long as it isn't "dear John" . . .

(Did I mention that I like SATC?)