CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 2, 2009

God must have other things in store for me

I am unemployed. Again. After three weeks of work, I am back home in the middle of the day. My employment was conditional and that condition was not met.

I took a long drive to clear my head. I drove out to the small border town where my father went to high school. Last time I was there was 30 years ago. Can't say that it seemed much different. It looked like many small towns I've seen across the country. Its heyday has past, but there is a spirit that is undying. Down, yes. Out, no. Like so many, the jobs may come and go, but the life goes on, struggling through the tough times. Waiting, hoping, praying, and slowing working to get back on its feet.

I called my dad while I was there. He had me drive by the old apartment house he lived in with his father and brother. Not much to look at. Weeds overgrowing the front. A fresh paint job within the last 5 years. But 50 years my dad slept there in a small room he shared with his brother.

And then I drove home. To this gorgeous 3-bedroom + den, 2-bath, 3-car garage house with gourmet kitchen, soaking tub, walk-in shower, and entire living/dining room that we don't know what to do with, all sitting on 1.5 acres with views on the mountains on three sides. I want for nothing.

So God must have another plan for me right now. I am thinking I need to take better care. Of myself, the housekeeping, my dogs, my husband (not necessarily in that order). I can work on all of that.

I do have another job I am applying for later this week. And we'll just go from there.

And while I have your attention, who wants to have a Tastefully Simple Catalog Party? Seriously. Email me if you want to earn free products and our host collection. I'm still going to have FUN.