CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Remember to Smile

Here in the middle we had a lovely day yesterday. A nice respite from the summer heat. It was all of 84, low humidity, partial cloudy. A perfect day to walk the doggies.

Seriously lacking in excuses, I took the doggies out and was all caught up in my thoughts when I walked passed someone. I was jarred that I was violating my own park rule #6.

Now it had been at least a week since I took the doggies out for a walk, but my goodness, how easily I forgot to simply smile at the people walking by me. (It must have been that strange California air that caused some sort of reversion.)

But no problems. I gritted my teeth and forced a smile at every single person who walked by. And I didn't curse too loudly (I think I muttered "Criminey!") when a guy on a fast-moving bike zoomed by us on the right.

And by the end of the walk, I was much more relaxed and smiling was much easier. Fake it 'til you make it.