CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Being busy = less to miss ??

I keep myself insanely busy. And after having hours to do nothing on Sunday night in the ER, I know why I stay so busy. Less time to think about, dwell in, wallow in the fact that my husband isn't here. Nothing quite like a few hours alone in the middle of the night with nothing to read, no internet to surf, no one to talk to -- well, there was the lady who was talking to herself, I'm sure I could have joined in -- to free up some time for thinking. Nothing but me and my thoughts, for hours on end.

It sure would have nice to have Jack Bauer there to hold my hand and to rest my sleepy, drooping head on his rugged shoulder. To feel the warmth of his touch as he comforted me stroking my hair and kissing my forehead. That's what I missed the most.