CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 13, 2007

Contemplation

Well, it has been almost 36 hours since the other shoe dropped. Lot so thinking going on. But "thinking" has always been a problem for me. I think too much. So I've tabled the weighing of the pros and cons. I know what they are. Jack knows what they are.

I've explained to a few people around me what's going on. There is no way around it when their first reaction is a resounding "NO!" Usually followed by a "he can't do this to you." 'Splaining is required. And I can persuade folks in my calm voice why this is OUR decision and why there is much to think about for us. I've said a number of profound things over the last day and a half, things that really reinforce how much I have changed in the last 18 months. The practicum of all the talk.

I've thought about this, talked about this, cried about this a lot over the last 36 hours. I am exhausted. I just took two-hour nap.

So I am shifting this stewing pot to the back burner. In a few days, when we need to make a decision, I will take this off the stove and we what's in it.

And whatever the decision is, it will be the right one for us.

Oh yeah. thanks for all the comments. Both Jack and I found them helpful and insightful.