CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Decision: He Stays

Well, since I told you yesterday that Jack Bauer and I did an interview with local TV, I suppose I should tell you that was in part about our decision for him to take that next assignment in Iraq.

So that's what we decided: He stays. Orders have not been cut yet, so things could change. But that is the path we are going on.

He does not think he will be able to come home in between assignments. The unit is active duty, arrived in June and is scheduled to return stateside next August.

I have gotten a number of interesting questions about this from civilians. Here are a few:

  • Will you be joining him? (As if he were in France on a business trip.)
  • So he's getting a promotion?
  • So he's getting a raise, a bonus?
  • Why can't he negotiate some of that?
Just in case you were ever doubting the general lack understanding about military life and culture by the vast majority of our countrymen.

Of course, this means that I need to reframe. I have boxes packed already. I think I just need to keep packing. Now I have 13 months to do it. Hopefully, the housing market will turn around a bit between now and next summer.