CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Precious time.

Another month is finishing up. Just time to pause and reflect a bit. I am amazed at the journey I have taken in the last 19 months. But I am also looking at the amount of time I spent with Jack Bauer in the last night months. Six months after we got married, we packed up and moved from the West Coast to the middle to attend law school. We spent all day every day together. And by the time we had made it through the bar exam and started jobs, it had been a full 3 years. It was a precious gift that at the time we both recognized.

But I never imagined the universe would want to balance that back out someday.

I actually sat down yesterday and tried to add up all the days we have spent together in the last 19 months. Here's the breakdown.

2006: 36 days
2007: 15 days

It was more than what I had thought. Luckily, while he was in preparing his unit in Westville, we were able to spend some time together - even if it was at my aunt's funeral in California. Eleven of those days in 2006 were from him taking 2 weeks of training about 2 hours from Middleville and we were able to coordinate time upfront and weekends. Precious time.

And looking ahead. Twelve months to go, we think. His current unit will leave and he will move to the new unit. He is looking forward to the assignment and I am excited for him. I love to see him feel passionate about his work. That will help the time pass for both us. I am staying extremely busy these days. Exciting opportunities are presenting themselves for me too.

So the next leave, no telling when that will be, I will do what I can to take off as much time as possible, so we can have every day together. More precious time.