CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Adventures in Real Estate

I met with the real estate agent yesterday. The adventure really begins now.

Actually no major renovations were suggested so that's a good start. I think everything else I knew: clean up the basement, landscaping, some touch-up painting, reglaze the tub, little things around the house to make the whole thing "perfect". All manageable. The agent was great. She gave the names of lots of people to call to get these things done. Hopefully the house won't suck up too much cash in these next few months.

Of course, the whole thing, the idea of selling this house, getting the house ready to sell, Jack Bauer coming home, the end of this deployment way of life, an impending move, diving into active duty life, well, it can be a tad overwhelming at times, especially in these last few weeks before Jack gets home. So I started to cry while the agent was still at my house. I hope I didn't freak her out too bad. I tried to reassure her that it wasn't just the house that was making me cry.

So time to get started. :D