CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Having Fun

Yesterday, I was having a conversation about having fun with a friend who works insanely hard. The work is greatly rewarding so the complaining is kept to a minimum. But I know that I have been working insanely hard lately and not having so much relaxing fun time.

A couple of weekends ago I took a break from whatever I was doing and took a drive to get myself a diet coke. The weather was gorgeous and my book on CD was at a good point so I drove through the park. Then I realized there were all these people in the park hanging out. "Where do they have the time to do that?" I wondered. Which led to, "Why am I not in the park on this lovely day?" Hmmm. Highly suspicious. That's when I know I need to change something, when I see what I want to be doing and I am not doing it. Certainly there was nothing stopping me from pulling over and lying down on the grass. Well at least a large dose of self-consciousness stopped me. But since then, this whole "fun" thing as been nagging at me.

More fun. I probably shouldn't wait for Jack Bauer to get home to have some fun. But that may have what I was subconsciously doing. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I am taking a couple of days off later this week. My parents and I are talking about taking a drive to a nice, famous, little town north of here for the day. Enjoy a little history. That could be fun. Maybe I will read a book outside lying in the grass under a shady tree this weekend. That would be fun.