CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Can't a girl get some sleep?

So Jack Bauer goes off to war and I sleep like a baby. Yet, now he is home and I sleeping horribly. What's up with that?

While Jack was in Iraq, there was nothing I could do about his circumstance. All I could do was support him. I came to terms with that.

But now, with the getting the house ready to sell, my mind is racing at night, thinking of all the little things that need to be done. The other night I dreamt that the newly immaculate basement was covered in a layer of dust bunnies and I had to figure out how to get the shop vac to work. Then there was night I dreamt that no matter how hard I cleaned, everything was just dirty again the next day. Oh wait. That one is real.

Moving is 100 big things. As each item is crossed off the list, it leaves behind 10 details. And as those get crossed off, they each leave behind 5 bits of minutia. It is enough to drive anyone to not sleep well.

Off to take a nap ...