CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Opening my eyes

Within the last month, I've spotted two very large tractor-trailers proudly designed for the Marines. The first time I saw one, I teared up with pride. I haven't been able to figure out what they are for. The one at the right here is not exactly like the ones I've seen, but you get the idea. A couple more pics can be found here.

Lately I've been noticing a lot more Army and Marine stickers on cars. I am sure they have been there all along, Maybe I couldn't see them before. Perhaps they didn't fit with my perspective that most people in this area don't support the military, aren't affected by the war, and/or don't care.

Whatever my thinking was, it is obviously changing. I think all it really took was opening my eyes without expectation for what I would see.