CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Adventures in Real Estate . . .

Well, I met with our real estate agent last night to see what needs to be done around the house to sell it when Jack Bauer gets back.

Oh my. It is a long list. Of course, it was nothing (mostly) that I did not already know.
- Clean out gutters
- Scrape paint around basement windowsills and repaint; same with decorative window in attic and back door frame and kitchen window
- Put down gravel around bushes in front of house
- Clean windows
- Replace chewed up siding on garage
- Clean out basement; paint
- Sell all of Jack Bauer's tools (yes, I have permission!)
- Clean out outside drain at bottom of steps to basement
- Paint hallway and stairwell
- Have bathtub reglazed
- Paint chipping paint in bathroom, including tile
- Paint various places throughout the house to touch up cracks in paint
- Paint kitchen
- Fix kitchen drawer front where cheap covering has peeled off
- Clean out upstairs storage area
- Pack, pack, pack
- Organize, organize, organize

I will need to sit down and come up with a plan and execute it. Not "kind of" execute it if I am so moved, but really do it. I don't want this house to sit empty waiting to be sold or for me to be stuck here waiting for the house to sell. And horror of horrors, I certainly don't want the house to sell for less than what we owe! That would f*&^!ing suck!!! (Excuse my language.) But that is a big motivator.

I guess I had better get busy!

And if anyone has any suggestions/hints/ideas on how to do any of these things, please, PLEASE comment or email me.

I NEED HELP!