CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 15, 2007

Test Drivin'

When Jack Bauer comes back in ~3 months, we need to get another vehicle. And he said that I get to drive the new car! How's that for cool? I am thinking that is a good idea. A little thank you for having been without him for the last (what will be) 21 months.

After I got the oil changed, emergency brake tightened, and new windshield wipers on my sweet Toyota ride today, I drove across the parking lot to Sales and took the 2007 RAV4 for a test drive.


It meets all of my criteria for a car. First, it is a car, and not a truck based vehicle. Second, it is big enough to take me and Jack Bauer and Moo and Bear and Cat (in her carrier) and some luggage, or alternately, me, Jack, parents, and luggage. (My current vehicle is a 2-door coupe and not the easiest thing to get the doggies in and out of let alone aging parents.) Third, it has sufficient enough storage capacity to make trips to Lowe's, etc. Fourth, has a sufficient enough engine to get me on the freeway here in Middleville where the fast and slow lanes are reversed from the rest of the country. (Horrible drivers here. Worst by far I've seen compared to LA, Portland, OR, and Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area.)

I am also thinking of test driving the Honda CRV. Does anyone have either of these vehicles or have experience with them? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and opinions. (I don't promise to take your advice.)