CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Is it nap time yet?

I have been really tired lately. I am sure some of it is the sudden onset of midwest summer. But I think a lot of it is due to Jack Bauer's homecoming. In 3 months, he should be home.

Then what?

We are going somewhere to do something, most likely with the Army, full-time, probably AGR. And we should know for certain around 2-4 weeks ahead of time. How's that for certainty? I'll be sending my husband off again a couple weeks after he gets home to "somewhere", where I will follow as soon as I can. Nice. Welcome to the "real" Army life! I guess.

But right now, the whole job situation is all vague and nebulous. And sometimes, it creeps in under my fingernails and infects me. The anxiety percolates for a couple of days, and convinces me that all is hopeless: "Jack Bauer will never find a job! You will be sent to jail for failure to pay your debts!"

Of course, we don't jail dead-beat debtors, but I think you get the picture. My anxiety is the result of too much abstract thinking (all that whatifland stuff that I try so desperately to stay away from). (Now if only I could harness that energy into abstract painting . . . hmmm. There's an idea!)

One thing is for certain: Jack Bauer will have a job. A good paying, full-time Army job.

And BTW, Jack Bauer and I talk about this ALL the time. This is what the vast majority of our conversations have been about lately. I mean really, he is in a combat zone, looking for a job, to ease MY mind. "A combat zone," I have to remind myself of that, because the notion of looking for a job from 6000+ miles away were there are many other things, much more important things, to worry about, is COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!!! What kind of wife am I?????

Oh, and I see my therapist tomorrow. Phew!