CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Fun Fact

I was telling a friend that I hate pictures of me because I never look how I feel.

When I got my MacBook, someone suggested I play around with the PhotoBooth. I had a great time taking pictures of myself because I could make all the faces I wanted and no one was going to complain. I love it. One of the features in PhotoBooth allows you to make all sorts of the distortion like you might see in a hall of mirrors at a carnival. But my favorite is the one where it places the left side on the right. A mirror image.

I snapped a picture this way that was a little off center and distorts my features just enough so that my face appears wider than it is (yeah, I don't actually have a double-wide nose or a double Hapsburg lip). I then ran it through a couple of different filters and voila! A picture of me that I really like, partially because I don't recognize physical self in it. In fact, I like it so much that it is my wall paper. I showed it to my mother when she was out here; she seemed very disturbed by it and just said it was bizarre. Hmmm.

The reason I think I like this picture is the butterfly appeal. Same on both sides. My hair is like my wings. The grittiness of the quality. The soft lighting. The longer I look at it, the more I identify with it.

Bizarre? Yeah. But that's just me.