CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Trip to the Butterflies

Jack Bauer has been complaining that it is cold here. (I mean really, is 40 really that cold for someone named Jack Bauer?) So I took him to the warmest place I could think of: The Butterfly House. It is a tropical conservatory with as many as 60 different butterfly species. And about 1500 butterflies. It was about 80-85 degrees in there and about 90% humidity. After about 30 minutes, it was too hot.

But most importantly, I got photos. Nice of Jack to come home and bring his digital camera. (Maybe I'll get a digital SLR some day.) One butterfly landed on me shortly after we walked in and it stayed on me until we left. I had to shake it off so we could leave. (Can't take the butterflies with you when you go. Go figure.) I still haven't been able to figure out what kind of butterfly it is.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I found some new, small butterfly stamps to mark my cards to Soldiers' Angels Germany. Woohoo! :D