CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Counting Down

I don't have a date certain for when JD will be home. But it should be about 6 months or less . . . assuming no extension. I saw over at Badgers Forward that Badger 6 is counting down the days by paychecks and cans of shaving cream. That got me thinking. What could I do that would help me mark the passage of time? I teased JD about using the local MLB schedule. Although I am not a big baseball fan, it would be something to help mark off the days. Besides, this town is crazy, and I mean CRAZY, about its team . . . well, in that laid-back midwestern kind of way. After all this is NOT Boston. But baseball has not officially started, yet.

Another thing I am doing to count down the time is to start taking stuff down in my cubicle at work. I am going off of the 95% chance that we will be moving when JD gets back. My plan is to do this slowly so that it is not particularly obvious to my boss. Besides, I have so much crap, um, nice stuff here that it will be well into September before anyone notices. I have pictures of the niece and nephews, my doggies, JD, my doggie that is playing in doggie heaven (there is a topic for a post!), friends' pets, some of my photographs, and 34 postcards and cards from JD, including 3 MRE postcards. And about 200 different magnets (words, animal tracks, famous architecture, the vet, the pilates studio, the kennel, flowers, quotations) . No one will really notice that the magnets are starting to disappear so that's where I am starting. Each day, I take down one magnet and put in a zip-lock sandwich bag in my desk drawer. Today I took down the word "every". And I am one day closer to living with my husband again.