CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mainstream Media

It seems that I read all the time about how the MSM gets it wrong or just doesn't get it at all. Sometimes I completely agree and sometimes I am the one not getting it. When JD was home on leave we caught some of the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams reporting from Iraq. During Mr. Williams's week in Iraq, he seemed to get it. I began reading his Daily Nightly blog where his writing seems to be more personal (or at least more personable). I was concerned that this man with a great deal of influence over how Americans view the situation in Iraq would somehow forget what he heard and saw while in Iraq. Well, it appears that he hasn't forgotten just yet. Here is a entry from yesterday (and the link to the article referenced):

Below this paragraph is a link to an article by a Lt. Col. in the U.S. Army Reserve and a veteran of the Iraq war. It's from ARMY magazine, published by the Association of the United States Army, and it may be the best-written article on Iraq and the Iraqi people I've read since the war began. I ask that you save the link, put it aside, find the time to read it, and share it with anyone you know who has an opinion about this war. Many of the people whose opinions I respect in this area (including several people I discussed it with while in Iraq two weeks ago), feel that this article should be required reading throughout both the government and military. Many more wish the seven central points in the article were better understood by American decision-makers years ago. I'd love to hear from those of you who take the time to read it.
The Modern Seven Pillars of Iraq

And sometimes the MSM gets it.