CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"How do you do it?"

Tonight at Pilates, my dear instructor asked how JD was doing and asked me how I was handling all this deployment. That reminded me about something. A week or so ago, I ran across this post over at Spouse Buzz, which is a link to a post about the worst thing you can say to a spouse of a deployed soldier. The second item on the list is "I don't know how you manage. I don't think I could do it."

I get asked all the time, "How do you do it?" Frankly, I don't mind the question at all. I believe that we are not given more than what we can handle. And you know, it always seems that there is someone worse off than me. A close co-worker was diagnosed with breast cancer. How would I handle that? One of the spouses in my husband's unit had a baby a few months ago. How would I handle that? I don't know. That sounds so much more stressful than what I've got going on here at Camp Toenges.

One day at a time. That's it. (Oh and all that other transformation stuff that I write about here, but it is harder to explain that in 30 seconds or less and people generally don't really want to hear me talk that much about coping.)