CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Weight Loss

Jill Army asked how I lost 40 pounds in response to my post on bra shopping. Weight Watchers. I never really got into dieting. I had always been very athletic growing up. I swam competitively for 13+ years, then varsity crew in college. Then I stopped moving and kept eating however. Years went by, I got older, the metabolism slowed down. I had stopped paying attention to what was going on with my body. Bad move on my part.

But I have been doing my thing to correct that. I move more, eat less as best I can without making myself crazy. My routine is to walk the doggies for 45+ minutes 4-5 days a week, yoga (1.5 hours) on Wednesday, and Pilates (1 hour) on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I just added the Thursday Pilates class. It is an intermediate class and much more challenging.

I am not perfect. I do not follow Weight Watchers completely. I "cheat", but of course, all that is doing is cheating myself. I don't always make the best choices in my life. Certainly it is easier to go out to dinner with friends than make a healthy dinner. When I don't feel well, I really don't like to move more. Like today, I came home early from Boring Co. due to upset tummyness. Do I really want to walk the dogs and go to yoga? At this moment, not really. I still have a couple of hours to convince myself that I will actually feel better if I do it. Just like yesterday, when I went for a walk even though it was cold and raining. I felt better afterward.

So, there's my secret to weight loss. Move more, eat less. And just remember that both work cumulatively.