CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 11, 2007

What is a Butterfly Wife?

What is a butterfly wife? And what is she doing in the blogosphere?

That's what I am here to find out. First, a butterfly wife is whatever you (or more properly I) want it to be. It is me.

I am a wife of a soldier (currently deployed to Iraq) and a "mother" to 2 large dogs and 1 small cat. Before my husband deployed, I was completely spoiled; my husband did all the family maintenance (the cooking, the cleaning, the shopping, the finances, the parenting). I'm not sure what I did other than entertain my husband, and perhaps tell him what to do. So after he left I had to start doing all of that, immediately. So perhaps a butterfly wife is one that makes dramatic changes in her life in a short period of time. Or maybe, I just like the way it sounds. I'm not sure it matters.

Second, what is a butterfly wife doing in the blogosphere? Not sure about that either. I like to write and I especially like to edit. I really like to help people who are interested in writing better. I am able to bring home a paycheck with a writing job, but I want to put my voice out there, see who's reading and what they have to say. Isn't that what blogging is for?

I tell you more about me later.