CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 16, 2007

Morning Moon

I woke up before 5:00 this morning. BBC World Service was still on, a story about milblogs drifted in one ear and out the other. Shower, make-up, feed cat, dress, feed dogs, make breakfast, gather things, leave by 6:00 AM for a 30+ minute commute to work at Boring Co. The great black sky was marked with blindingly bright white and red lights of the cars. I squinted at the oncoming vehicles, my forehead already pinching, my headache forming. As the miles passed, the darkness faded. The highway turned to the east. Over the horizon, the cerulean morning sky pressed through making its slow march toward the waning silver crescent. The moon's showing sliver hung large. The highway turned to the north and the moon and changing sky escaped my view, but the beauty of the moment did not leave me even though the road took me another direction.