CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 7, 2007

Diverse Day

On Saturday I virtually attended part of the Milblog Conference. That was a great to see what other milbloggers had to say. Ultimately, a conservative crowd.

I finished off the day by attending a fundraiser at a local church for a small scholarship program for college 2 states away. My companions for the evening were 3 gay men. A much more liberal crowd than the morning folks.

Saturday night as I was walking back to my car, I thought smiling to myself, "What a day. Where else could I be involved in a relatively group of military bloggers being by the President of the United States in the morning and then spend the evening with 3 gay men discussing show tunes. Very fascinating spectrum. I love this country."

I had a good time with both events.