CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 25, 2007

Where I love to eat!

Michelle at Military Mommy tagged me for this. Hmmm. I am only doing this because Michelle asked.

Instructions: "List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your current location."

1. Whole Foods Market. We've got a great big, fairly new Whole Foods here with a big salad bar, a hot food bar, a deli, sushi & rice/noodle bowls, pre-made sandwiches and salads, pizza, panini bar, and gelato in addition to the rest of the great stuff found in the bakery and the rest of the store. Definitely great to hit to get salads. The rest of the stuff that I've had there is wonderful and dangerously high in calories.

2. Kaldi's Coffeehouse. There is a little one right down the street from my acupuncturist/chiropractor and I will be going there for lunch after my massage today. This particualr location is a vegetarian coffeehouse, but I don't hold that against them.

3. Modesto. Tapas. Great way to get to taste lots of wonderful things and keep the portions under control. Jack Bauer and I have been celebrating anniversaries and birthdays there for some time. I take my out of town guests there. But the best is to sit at the bar and have Roxanna serve me and Jack Bauer. Very intimate in a busy, bustling restaurant. I like to sit on the far side of the bar so I can look at the small painting of the black bull on the red background and be transported into The Sun Also Rises.

4. The Pitted Olive. Just because it is my BFF's favorite place to go.

5. Hardee's. As it is called here in the middle. I grew up with Carl's Jr. on the west coast. Then I moved to North Carolina and was faced with McD's or Hardee's. McD's always won. Back then Hardee's had only good breakfast biscuits. Then there was some sort of merger/acquistion thing and now Hardee's is Carl's or vice versa. Regardless, they have great hamburgers now and that's all that matters.

Out of fear of rejection, I am not going to tag any one to do this. But if you are interested, consider yourself tagged by me! :D