CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Woes of Home Ownership

Last summer, in typical midwest fashion, we had some pretty bad storms and a few shingles flew off the roof. Depending on who I asked, I either needed a whole new roof or I needed the shingles to be replaced. Needless to say, I chose the replacing of the shingles option. The roof just isn't that old.

The same guy who came to repair my chimney said he would do the shingles too for just a little extra money. Not a problem I thought back in NOVEMBER (yeah, it took me fro July to November to find someone who would tell me straight up that I just needed the shingles replaced)! Hello! It is MAY! And he just did the shingles yesterday. Why couldn't he have done this 20-minute part of the job back in November? Despite my repeated phone calls to him and multiple messages left for the last 6 weeks since he finished the chimney job, he just was apparently not going to make me a priority until I got him on the phone directly.

Yesterday, he also did all the internal plaster work as well. So all I need to do is pay him and be done with him.

The thing of it is that he seems to have done great work, but I would be hestitant to recommend him due to his complete inability to return a phone call.

Why do I as his paying customer have to do all the communication work in the relationship? Arrggg!

But more importantly, I have another HUGE housing project crossed off my list. And it only took 10 months!