CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm BAAAAAAck!!

Trip was fun, but too short.

Unfortunately, there is not much to blog about. Here's the sum total:

  • Almost got stuck on an overly full elevator with a woman who started to freak out.
  • Managed to not killed by my BFF's driving.
  • Ate extremely well (Cajun, Persian, Garrett's Caramel Popcorn, and home BBQ).
  • Wrote a few more cards to Soldiers for Soldiers' Angels Germany.
  • Made a woman realize that she had not yet met the wife of a deployed Soldier, which gave her great pause to think about how little the war has impacted her.
  • Paid $3.499 per gallon of gas, which is about $0.35 more per gallon that I had ever paid before (I'm not complaining, just being observant about it).
  • Tried a "test" batch of Doritos; they tasted like a cheeseburger with all the trimmings including ketchup, mustard, pickles.
  • Visited the American Girl store and remembered why I don't have children; I am sufficient to provide my own sense of wonderment about the world.
I hope that is enough "highlights" for you, especially it being a 36-hour trip including 10 hours of driving and 10 hours of sleeping (which was wonderful).