CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Fun Fact

The other day I mentioned that the deployment bracelet is part of my personal armament. I wear that bracelet on my left wrist along with my Adrienne Vittadini square-faced silver watch with black leather band.

On my right wrist I wear a very precious piece cuff. It is silver, worn with generations of polishing away oxidized layers of the gray light metal. It is a southwestern Native American (probably Navajo or Hopi) stamped design of feathers and a swastika representing the whirling winds. My mother-in-law gave to me several years ago. She grew up in Arizona just south of the Grand Canyon. The cuff was her mother's (JD's grandmother). It was the first gift JD's grandmother received from her husband-to-be. It dates back to the 1920s or so (pre-Nazi Germany and the abduction of the symbol).

When I wear it, I feel like Wonder Woman. It empowers me to carry on the strength of some very determined women who have been part of my husband's family. Now I am one of them.