CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"... and a little flower."

From that very nice Hans Christian Anderson quote off to the right there. I may be taking the quote out of the original context, but so what. To me "a little flower" means a little whimsy.

Last Sunday I had breakfast with a friend -- you know one of those friends you don't see near enough and it is a good thing that you block off almost 3 hours to have a meal at a coffeehouse -- and she suggested I go to Build-A-Bear and make a something fun. She even gave me a coupon to help me do it.

All excited, I went in and immediately felt ridiculous. What is a 35-year-old woman all by herself doing in a store full of very small children??? But instead of running out screaming, I quietly selected the cutest thing there to build. I wanted "a little flower" to be added into my life. I wanted it to reflect me. And I wasn't about to abandon my need for whimsy just cuz I left insanely out of place. (Always good to go outside the comfort zone, right?)

So I built me a girl bunny. Now for the outfit, I wanted a pink tutu, but what they had in pink tulle was not good. As I scanned the girl outfits, my eye naturally (now) picked out the BDU pattern -- no ACU patterns in everyday fashion yet, darn -- on a pretty mini with pink stitching. And it came with a Hello Kitty top. Ding, ding, ding! I had to. I really did.

But that kust wasn't whimsical enough for this butterfly. I needed more.

"What more could a butterfly want?" you ask.

Why, wings of course! Purple sparkling wings with white furry edges. Perfect! (I never said I had much fashion sense.)

Photos? You want photos, too? Alright, here you go.



And one more thing. I did have a little conversation with Bunny and Moo. Bunny agreed that she would not play with Moo. Moo just listened to me tell her about not playing with Bunny. I don't think she actually agreed to NOT play, because it just might happen; you never know with Moo.