CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Note to self

Yesterday I had my 12-month eye exam from my lasik surgery. (Yeah, it has only been 11 months.) The optometrist asked if he could dilate my eyes.

"Yes, I said, I just need to drive home," I said

"That should be a problem. You just won't be able to do up close reading. And bright lights might bother you."

So he dilated my eyes. That was at 4:30 PM. The sun was setting. And what does that mean? Every car had their lights on. Yeah, bright lights might bother me. It was more like car lights might be so bright and have halos so large that you might not be able to see the car itself and determine how fast said objects are approaching you.

Luckily, I only had about an hour drive. In heavy rush hour traffic. Which turned out to be a good thing. Easy to go with the flow of traffic at 10 mph than at 60+ mph.

One thing I did notice as I was looking at all the burst of light was how they looked like Christmas-colored fireworks as they first burst.

But note to self: don't get eyes dilated within an hour of sunset.