CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Yeah, she rocks

So yesterday, I met TripleE for coffee and conversation. She is wonderful and genuine just like she is on her blog.

It was really nice to talk to someone in person who understands. We didn't need to explain or worry about getting blank stares or getting comparisons of our husbands' absences to an extended business trip. Nor did we have to be experts on all things military. We simply understand our own experiences. And that's OK.

She shared pictures and stories of her beautiful children and husband. Mind you, she is beautiful too. Her daughters have her same lovely hair and the same kindness in their sparkling blue eyes.

And of course she is thoughtful too. She brought me a purple butterfly carabiner-style key ring. I played with it throughout our coffee talk (I am a fidgeter) and tucked it in my pocket the rest of the day, a comforting reminder that someone is thinking about me. Very much like the pretty Green glass butterfly I got a few weeks ago that sits on my dresser at home and the lovely butterfly stationary set sent to me by a wonderful woman who knows what we are going through.

I wished we could have had more time to chat, but we needed to get back to our other realities. Ninety minutes can sure fly by.