CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Injured Soldier's Mother UPDATE

Motivated purely out of guilt and the sick desire to provide you all an update, I called the injured soldier's mother back. Well, maybe I actually care somewhere deep inside, and would want someone to do the same for me. But I do want to update you.

From the last time we spoke on Sunday morning (when she said she was going to call me back and of course never did), she has been able to speak to her son a couple of times. He is in Germany had surgery (had a rod placement) today on his fractured leg. His spinal fractures do not appear to be causing any paralysis and he has his neck immobilized. He will be coming stateside, but we don't know when.

She made it to the post office yesterday (finally) after dealing with bronchitis and the snow (she's on the east coast) to get the newsletters that I sent her that contain the information she needs. She figured out that the Red Cross was not particularly helpful in this situation with even giving her updates on her son (go figure!). She did get a hold of the National Military Family Association and said they were helpful.

Anyway, she was much more pleasant today and much less self-focused. The call went well other than being too long - I had to tell her that my dinner was getting cold in order to get her to end the call.

I'll call her back in a couple of days to see how she is doing and see what more information we have.