CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Loneliness is Palpable

At this point in the deployment, the worst thing is the loneliness. I am surrounded by civilians who have their own families, their own trials and tribulations. And while I can email friends to make plans, it is hard to get some of my "friends" to fit me in. I think I make them uncomfortable because they have a different take on this war in Iraq and they don't want to think about it. But as the folks I had dinner with the last 2 nights can attest to, I don't talk about politics, war, military life unless the other person brings it up.

Chance are you do not know me or live any where near me. But you do know someone who has a loved one serving somewhere. Call or email that someone. Ask that someone to grab a cup of coffee or a quick bite to eat.