CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 13, 2007

Quotes to Live By

Alright the extensions for active duty Army have been announced. JD is in the Reserves and thus not affected by this announcement. But I have been reading what the other spouses are saying and I hear a lot of anger and venting. Which gets me thinking . . .

And then I start pulling out the ol' quotes to live by:

My mother gave me this one as I headed off to Italy as an exchange student (AFS) after I graduate high school:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I came across this one more recently:
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

I cannot change the fact that my husband is in Iraq in a war; I have come to terms with that. I have the courage to change myself and how I view the world and myself; I changed dramatically. I have enough wisdom to know what it is I can control and what I cannot control. I do not have anger in my life; I drop the hot coal when I feel myself beginning to get upset.

I am much happier this way.