CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 9, 2007

Listening to Myself

I woke up this morning, and like most Monday mornings, I was feeling especially tired - way too much staying up late 4 nights in a row. Usually, I start whining to myself before I make it to the bathroom, as I am shuffling to get my morning grogg, before my eyes are even open. It goes something like this: "I donnwanna go to work. I donnwanna go to Pilates. I donnwanna walk the dogs. Humphf." Then I tell myself to shut up and get busy. I comply.

This morning was no exception. Except this morning there as no whiny voice. I calmly thought, "I shouldn't go to Pilates this evening." Since I was not apparently whining to myself, I decided I must be right. So I skipped Pilates for the first time in over a month. And that's alright because I am taking it easy, walked the dogs, did some light weeding in the yard, and am being kind to myself today.