CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Alive Day Memories: Home From Iraq

Yesterday I watched an hour-long documentary on HBO called Alive Day Memories. Here is the description from the HBO website.

In a war that has left more than 25,000 wounded, ALIVE DAY MEMORIES: HOME FROM IRAQ looks at a new generation of veterans. Executive Producer James Gandolfini interviews ten Soldiers and Marines who reveal their feelings on their future, their severe disabilities and their devotion to America. The documentary surveys the physical and emotional cost of war through memories of their "alive day," the day they narrowly escaped death in Iraq.
Normally, I don't watch, read, or listen to pieces on the lives of our wounded. It has been very difficult for me to do so. So I avoided it. Until yesterday. What I saw were very brave men and women facing their injuries with dignity and grace, proud to be Soldiers and Marines.

I recommend watching this if you are able to do so. The entire documentary can be viewed online. Here is the link.