CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 17, 2007

I can't wait to get back to "normal"

A friend wrote that in an email and it got me thinking.

What is "normal"? I don't know any more and that makes me very sad, probably because I've been feeling out of sorts these last few weeks. But thinking about normal reminds me how much I miss my husband. How we will have to rebuild our lives once he returns.

My initial reaction was that my "normal" life does not include my husband simply because he is not physically here. But that is absolutely not true. My husband is such an important part of my normal life. It is normal for us to IM in the evening for me when he first gets up in the morning. It is normal for us to email or IM during the day. It is normal for me to think about him constantly, to worry about him constantly, to love him constantly.

So while we are still trying to figure things out in this transition period, "normal" might be a tad more up in the air than usual. I just need to remind myself that we will adapt to a new routine, a new mission, a new normal.