CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Connections

I so enjoyed all your comments yesterday. I left work smiling. I drove home smiling the whole way thinking about how blue the sky was, how black the asphalt, how colorful -- navy blue, forest green, maroon, pearl, taupe, black -- the cars were.

On the radio, The World was airing a segment on climate change. My mind wandered to ice and the thought of someone showing me a piece of ice that was formed 4,000 years ago thinking that the notion of 4,000-year-old ice was profound. My mind twisted again to other old things that might be just as vital as water. The air we breathe. How many people have breathed these same atoms? Who has held this air in their lungs?

I have no idea if that is even possible to conceptualize. But for that moment, I felt more connected to the whole world, the past, the present than ever before.

Maybe you and I have shared the same air.