CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How much can you say in 30 minutes?

Or more accurately how much can you type in an IM session in 30 minutes? Well, for me it is apparently not enough.

Here comes the whining. I am used to IMing with Jack Bauer without an Army imposed time limit. If he didn't have anything going on, we could IM for hours, granted it usually came with several interruptions. Weekend mornings were great for this.

Right now he doesn't have internet access in his room so we are attempting to make the most of the time he gets at the internet cafe. It seems like by the time he gets on and we exchange pleasantries, we've got just a few minutes to say anything substantive to one another. It is actually shocking to me how fast 30 minutes can go by.

Lest anyone misunderstand, I know I am lucky to get any time with Jack Bauer, let alone any regular time. I am grateful for the time we do have together, and I know that many people do not have this luxury. This is just an adjustment for me. We'll get through it.