CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Height

Lately, it seems I am suddenly aware of the height of the people I encounter online.

Lemon Stand says she's 10 feet tall.

Claire grew to 5'4".

Even Mrs. Greyhawk is talking about her height (alright it was in an email to her husband who posted it, but still).

And there are others too that I won't mention here. But at 5'8" I am on the taller side of things for a woman. But I never really considered myself "tall." I grew up in sports and surrounded by tall people. I married a tall man -- 6'2" -- even though the "other Jack Bauer" is only 5'9 1/2". Put me in heels and I'm taller.

What I notice is that I seem to think that people are taller than they actually are. I seem to have a working assumption that most men are about 6 feet tall. Women, on the other hand, I assume to be of varying heights., but probably still on the tall side. For instance, I thought Claire was probably 5'10".

What's up with that? Do I just assume that people I identify with are like me and on the taller side of things?

Hmmm.

How tall are you?