CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Phew! Just made the deadline

Yesterday afternoon, I headed to my post office to send off a few things. It never occurred to me that the post office might have closed early. I HAD to get an envelope in the mail, local taxes due. But that wasn't all I wanted to mail. So I had to head downtown, through the "bad" neighborhoods, to the central post office and hope and pray that it wasn't also closed. Fortunately, it was open but also closing early. I made it just in time.

In addition to the taxes, I mailed Jack Bauer a small care package: 5 lb. of coffee, hand cream, and two cute puppy calendars (Rottweilers and German Shepherds).

I also had some cards for Soldiers' Angels Germany. Another 28 cards of encouragement for our wounded Soldiers. For the year, the total cards I sent (there were maybe up to 15 or 20 that weren't written by me) comes to 696. Hmmm. That's kind of a lot.