CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Han Solo

1977: Newport Beach, CA. Star Wars was playing and a former Navy man took his daughters, 10 and 5, to see it in the BIG theater. That was a life-changing event for me. It was the day I first fell in love. And his name was Han Solo. Sigh.

Oh, the fond memories. Yes, I fell in love at 5. Since that day, I have loved men. I think I love just about everything about men. The way they think, the way the walk, the way they talk, the way they dress, the way they smell. Maybe I should qualify my statement some more. I love manly men, scoundrels with a heart, bad boys who do good.

One thing is for sure, since Jack Bauer left over 2 years ago, there has been a dearth of testosterone in my life. It is very sad. Before Jack came home on leave in November, the biggest dose of exposure I had gotten was in Las Vegas hanging around the milbloggers. They did a very good job of acting like manly men and bad boys, but of course, deep down they are just a bunch of softies (shhhh, don't tell them I said that). So they totally qualified.

Unfortunately I am down in another testosterone low patch. No one at work qualifies. There are no men at Pilates, and the men at yoga, well, I just won't go there. And quite frankly, online exposure doesn't count.

Softball season isn't for months, so men aren't running around all hot and sweaty, and I am not about to start hanging out in bars just be around guys. Besides, I don't have that kind of time.

So what's a girl to do?