CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Did I hear that right?

In my Pilates refomer class, there is a heavy-set, black woman who is probably in her early 50s who stands about 5'2". I have probably exchanged about 10 words with this woman prior to tonight.

After class we started talking a bit as we put on our shoes. She asked me how long I had been doing this (the instructor told the class to look at me a few times for proper technique - how cool is that!?!) and we started talking more. I told her that it only gets harder as I learn the techniques better. Several of the exercises have you lying on your back with you knees bent in a table top position. She was commenting on how difficult that this position is. I agreed with her that it is especially difficult at first. Then she said . . .

"You know the only other time you have your legs up like that is during sex, not that I am having any. But you don't really think about your legs then, do you?"

Now I am not easy shocked or offended and I roll well with the punches so I did. And really is there any disagreeing with what she said? I don't think so.