CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

The Missed Call

Army Mom x3's post about missing her son's call just before his deployment gave me the idea for this post.

A while back, my husband lost a few soldiers in a horrible IED blast. He told me by email but he wanted to call me. I left my cubicle real quick and heard the phone ringing as I headed back. As I went to step into my cubicle, a co-worker was blocking my entry and didn't get out of the way. The phone was ringing and I could see the number indicating the call was from JD.

"It's my husband. MOVE!" I yelled at her.

I danced around her and reached the phone just in time for the call to rollover to voicemail. I shot a severe glare at the "door" still standing in my cube.

"Sorry," she said. I said nothing. Humphf!

It was lunchtime so we headed off to the cafeteria even though I was upset. As we walked, my co-worker again apologized.

"I was not clearly not meant to speak to him at that moment," I said.

My co-worker stopped walking and looked at me. "Wow. What a good way to look at life,"
she said stunned. I was no longer upset.

JD and I talked another time. At the right time.