CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Discussing the uber-personal

The ever-wise Sarah posted at SpouseBuzz about discussing the personal on blogs. And she happened to post about it the same day I posted about s-e-x. And you are just going to have to trust me that Jack Bauer and I discuss me posting about this stuff long in advance.

Quite frankly, I don't want this to be a s-e-x blog. I am not here to relate those "lonely wife" stories. What I do want to discuss is intimacy issues. And while I jokingly wrote about it (mainly out of my own discomfort with discussing the subject), it is a serious issue.

Unfortunately, I don't see other milspouses talking about the lack of intimacy and intimate relations issue (maybe I just haven't come across it yet) and the serious implications that are tied up with long deployments, physical and emotional barriers, and natural, normal desires. It is one thing for us to talk about fidelity, but I don't hear us talking about the underlying emotional and physical needs and desires that motivate people to cheat. IMO, it is all tied together. Thus, I talked about the physical aspect of it.

Of course, recognizing my physical and emotional needs and desires in myself is the first step toward preventing infidelity from happening. And I've got another 11+ months to go.