CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Fun Fact

You have probably already figured this one out about me.

I like to be a wee bit naughty from time to time.

Here is a naughty and outrageous stunt from my long ago high school days.

One Friday night while I was a junior in high school, my friend (I'll call her Shelly) and were sitting around her bedroom bored and wanted to see how far we'd go. You know, double dog dare and all. We devised a plan to take place in public that would make people stare at me and wonder if I was for real. Shelly didn't think I would go through with it.

The look had to be just right. Big hair (it was the late 80s), heavy black eye make-up, super short skirt (I could pull that off then), shredded black nylons, and the highest heels we could find. And no super slutty look would have been complete without some dark sunglasses.

Next, we had to have the right car. Shelly's mom drove a 1988 Nissan 350Z, white with red interior. Perfect.

As we got in the Z and drove to the chosen location, my heart started to race. "Will I actually be able to pull this off?" I wondered, anxiety beginning to set it. Within a few minutes, we pulled into the shopping center. Game time.

Shelly peeled into the lot of the 7-11 and slammed on the breaks and we screeched to a halt intentionally crooked taking up at least 2 spots. I could see heads were turning already in the store. I exited from the passenger seat, calmly, strutted into the convenient store with a list of 3 items to buy.

There were about 10 customers inside and I was hoping my interaction with them would be minimal as I gathered the requisite trove. First up, gum. Easy enough. I spotted some Big Red, my favorite.

Next, condoms. Having never purchased condoms before (let alone had a need for them) I strolled through the aisles looking for them. On my second pass, I found them and picked up Trojans (what else).

Lastly, cigarettes. As if the condoms weren't bad enough, I know had to ask for cigarettes and get the order right. Being a nonsmoker at the time, I had never bought cigarettes.

"Marlboro Lights 100, please," I requested in my most confident adult-like voice.

"Excuse me?" replied the 20-something clerk behind the counter.

"Marlboro Lights 100," I repeated slightly indignant hoping that would lend a more confident air about me.

The clerk grabbed a pack from rack and asked if there was anything else. "Just these," I said as I laid down the gum and condoms. He rang the purchase up, I paid, and strutted out the same way I came in. Heads were still turning. I got back in the Z and Shelly peeled out.

We laughed the whole way back to her house. We threw away the condoms, gave the cigarettes to some smoker friends, and enjoyed our Big Red.