CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Perfectionism and Privacy

Well, after all this time in therapy (OK, so it really hasn't been all that long), it turns out a good deal of my problems stem from me being a perfectionist! Go figure! I've known this for years.

But week after this "major breakthrough," I am still thinking about what this really means for me. And this may sound really bizarre coming from someone who posted this yesterday, but ...

I am a very private person.

So yesterday at the post office while mailing my SAG cards, I was trying to reconcile my private tendencies, my blogginess, and my perfectionism. (Isn't this what you all do while waiting at the post office???)

I came up with this thought. The blogging is helping me recognize that I am not, do not have to be, and in fact would prefer not to be ... perfect. I think that my (old) desire to be a "private person" and not share with others was just so that I did not have to show anyone -- myself included, perhaps in particular -- that I was something less than perfect.

So I guess blogging is really helping me come out of my shell, or more accurately for a butterfly, my chrysalis. Who would have thought.